Search the forum,

Discuss Help with putting dual flush valve back together :/ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Folks,

A have-a-go-hero here.

I had a leaky toilet and cleaned up the rubber washer. Annoyingly I didn't take a photo of the (amstd fastparts) valve parts on removing and I'm definitely doing something wrong on the re-assembly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a photo or video showing how these parts go back together? I've used (much) trial and error, and I'm probably doing something very simple wrong, but I'm stuck.

Thanks so much!

Jackie

IMG_0697.JPG

Thanks so much for the excellent suggestion, Simon!

I found lots of images of this valve (or ones similar) but all have casing on covering the how the internals (and how the black clips fit together) which I think is where I am having a problem.

After assembling it to match the photos I'd found online, the flush mechanism wasn't working. So I assume, I've clipped something wrong or have installed the whole unit wrong.

I've attached another image which might be helpful.

sad.jpg

Not that I have been able to find so far. I assume there must be a pdf somewhere on the internet with an exploded diagram or fitting instructions. I understand it's probably a very simple procedure, but tricky when you don't know what you're doing wrong.

I spent a couple of hours trying different configurations with the fixings.

Not that I have been able to find so far. I assume there must be a pdf somewhere on the internet with an exploded diagram or fitting instructions. I understand it's probably a very simple procedure, but tricky when you don't know what you're doing wrong.

I spent a couple of hours trying different configurations with the fixings.

Contact their technical help, usually pretty good and they will possibly email a picture/diagram.

Thanks all. I managed to reassemble in the end. Annoyingly there's still a leak. The rubber seal didn't look at all perished but will probably replace.

Flip the washer round temporary to get you by

Reply to Help with putting dual flush valve back together :/ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock