Search the forum,

Discuss Help with leaking mini split please! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, we have an LG Inverter V, about 4 years old, that is leaking water out of the indoor unit. We had a maintenance person in who both washed out the unit, and as well suctioned out the outside hose, and then sprayed water from unit down through it and seemed to flow OK. But we still have water dripping out of head unit towards the left side (hose seems to ext out on right side).

Gonna try to attach a pic, which seems to show the water travelling down from behind the blower/fan.

The maintenance company believes its probably a faulty/cracked drip tray, and based on the cost of disassembling/repairing it, they are recommending a new unit at the cost of about $1k (Canadian)...

Is the tray (and hose) hidden somewhere above the blower? Other than the hose exiting into the wall on the right side, I cannot see it in the unit itself, assume I have to disassemble (again, more than the units I see on youtube where the hose is just laying along the bottom.

Is there anything else I can try once I'm looking at replacing it anyway? My model doesn't seem to disassemble quite as easy as some I've seen on youtube and I can't find anything online specific to my model (either vids, or even diagrams).

Appreciate any advice!

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 13
It’s something to do with condense either the units drain pan is blocked / dirty or the drain isn’t draining

Reply to Help with leaking mini split please! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock