Search the forum,

Discuss Help with leaking mini split please! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, we have an LG Inverter V, about 4 years old, that is leaking water out of the indoor unit. We had a maintenance person in who both washed out the unit, and as well suctioned out the outside hose, and then sprayed water from unit down through it and seemed to flow OK. But we still have water dripping out of head unit towards the left side (hose seems to ext out on right side).

Gonna try to attach a pic, which seems to show the water travelling down from behind the blower/fan.

The maintenance company believes its probably a faulty/cracked drip tray, and based on the cost of disassembling/repairing it, they are recommending a new unit at the cost of about $1k (Canadian)...

Is the tray (and hose) hidden somewhere above the blower? Other than the hose exiting into the wall on the right side, I cannot see it in the unit itself, assume I have to disassemble (again, more than the units I see on youtube where the hose is just laying along the bottom.

Is there anything else I can try once I'm looking at replacing it anyway? My model doesn't seem to disassemble quite as easy as some I've seen on youtube and I can't find anything online specific to my model (either vids, or even diagrams).

Appreciate any advice!

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0690.jpg
    IMG_0690.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 13
It’s something to do with condense either the units drain pan is blocked / dirty or the drain isn’t draining

Reply to Help with leaking mini split please! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been having trouble with my boiler leaking for months. We thought we'd fixed it last winter as haven't had any trouble throughout the summer but in the last week or 2 it's leaked again, we had several people out to look at it but no one fixed it. Tonight we've had someone else look and...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock