Search the forum,

Discuss Help with leaking boiler flue on baxi neta tec combi ga24? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I've been having trouble with my boiler leaking for months. We thought we'd fixed it last winter as haven't had any trouble throughout the summer but in the last week or 2 it's leaked again, we had several people out to look at it but no one fixed it. Tonight we've had someone else look and said it looks like its rain water getting in through the flue and dripping down through the boiler. Although I'm not sure it's only leaked when it's rained it makes the most sense. He said you can't really do much though, I'm going to look at the guttering etc above but I was wondereding is there anything I can seal around the flue with or a special cover to fit above the flue to prevent water leaking in?
Thanks for any feedback

Not a common solution that I'm aware of but I think its more likely to be a fault internally with flue and you should get seals checked.
If you had a cover for flue I think clearance above is 200mm but never actually seen it done.

I've seen this on a Ideal icos boiler driving rain getting in the air intake and dripping inside the casing , most modern boilers have a drip tray to stop this should the need arise what boiler do you have ? Failed flue seals can cause this aswell a flue gas analyser placed in the air intake will confirm this . Kop

I've seen this on a Ideal icos boiler driving rain getting in the air intake and dripping inside the casing , most modern boilers have a drip tray to stop this should the need arise what boiler do you have ? Failed flue seals can cause this aswell a flue gas analyser placed in the air intake will confirm this . Kop
I have a baxi neta tec combi ga24, if it was a bit of guttering or its not sealed fully, can I put waterproof sealant around the outside of it to at least check that? Thanks

Reply to Help with leaking boiler flue on baxi neta tec combi ga24? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock