Search the forum,

Discuss Help with hot water wanted please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I'd be grateful for any thoughts or help on the following. I have next to no plumbing/boiler knowledge (limited knowledge and parts identification below come from reading the manual):

• Worcester 35CDi II Combi boiler
  • pressure appears within normal range

We have inconsistent hot water.

In the house are two hot water taps. Running the hot water taps engages the hot water and all is well.

We have 6 mixer taps (one a shower). When mixers are on hottest the hot water is not engaged. Water comes out warm but quickly goes tepid then cold. Cold showers all round.

This problem has only recently developed in the last couple of weeks.

No recent plumbing changes other than changing a radiator for one of similar size and capacity about 3 months ago. Hot water was fine afterwards and problem has only recently developed.

First noticed the problem a couple of weeks ago. Pressure in the boiler was at 0. I topped up with filling loop. Pressure has been fine since topping up.

When the hot taps are on I can observe the plunger in the water diverting valve fully engaging to switch on the HW.

When the mixer taps are on hot, the plunger only goes about half way. So not engaging switch.

If anyone can advise how to get the valve/switch working again with the mixers I would be very grateful indeed. If it needs work to fix then I am looking for someone in SO30!

Thanks
Jon

Reply to Help with hot water wanted please in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock