Search the forum,

Discuss Help with fitting please! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, i need to replace the 15mm pipe that comes from my mains inlet in the kitchen, photo attached.

I've marked in red the pipes that i want to replace.

My question is, what fitting do i get to connect the new pipe and equal tee to the stopcock, is it a normal 1/2 inch compression with a short piece of 15mm pipe?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200701_141046.jpg
    20200701_141046.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 33
Yes it appears to be a 15mm compression joint, so a nut and an olive.
Don’t forget to reattach the earth bonding clamp - you could move it the horizontal bit of your new pipe if that’s easier.

Just be careful with the stopcock one, it could be and looks a bit like a flared end type. If it is then I don't know if you can still get fittings for them.

Thanks - would it just be easier to replace the stopcock, cut the pipe below it? would it be 15mm pipe feeding into the stopcock, house was built in about 1980.

Probably 1/2" pipe, which is where Stigster was going. So it could be easier replacing the stopcock if it's the flared end type. Just make sure you fit a drain off above it, as the existing is built into the tap.

Reply to Help with fitting please! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In the photo there is a grey 32mm push fit elbow between the sink trap and down pipe. I want to replace the elbow with a "male" push fit tee attached to an air admittance valve to stop gurgling noises. I can't find a tee fitting that description, can anybody offer a solution as you can see space...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm considering fitting an isolator valve to 15mm feed to my toliet cistern. It would require cutting off an existing compression fitting for a flex hose, after which I'd only be left with maybe an inch and a half of pipe. I've never fitted a compression fitting before, can someone...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe using compression: https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-compression-straight-tap-connector-15mm-x-1-2-/58294 If not, please could someone let me know...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock