Search the forum,

Discuss Help with bathroom with no windows in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

L

Louise N

I currently rent a flat but the bathroom does not have a window. Weirdly last year we had no issues but this year we have noticed mould spores on the ceiling and shower curtain. This has been removed by mould cleaner. We have an extractor fan but it’s small and only works for around four minutes after the lights are turned off so doesn’t work for long.I don’t know how long it’s been there but asking the landlord anything can be tricky.
We do open the door once we’ve had a shower but then don’t want the moisture in the flat.
Does anyone have any tips to reduce spores/moisture or regulations of renting when a window is not present

Most extractor fans with "over run" can be adjusted to extend the amount of time they keep running for after the lights are turned off

We have bathroom with no window, but we have a cyclone in line fan which runs for 20 mins after the light switch is off, however we run it for around 60 mins, and also wipe down the shower and walls each time, no mould in 8 years.
I believe the air should be replaced about 4 times per hour, you would need to know the cubic metres extraction rate of the fan, then Google how to calculate

We have bathroom with no window, but we have a cyclone in line fan which runs for 20 mins after the light switch is off, however we run it for around 60 mins, and also wipe down the shower and walls each time, no mould in 8 years.
I believe the air should be replaced about 4 times per hour, you would need to know the cubic metres extraction rate of the fan, then Google how to calculate

Whats really important is the airflow UNDER the door - this needs to be at least 5 mm, so the fan can draw dry air into the room from the home

Spot on mate I should have mentioned that too, yes we have gap under door to prevent the vacuum effect and improve circulation.

Problem is that some people open a window and draw cold moist air into the bathroom making things far worse in the winter

Reply to Help with bathroom with no windows in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock