Search the forum,

Discuss HELP WANTED UFH RUNNING SUPER HOT. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We have a wet UFH system in an extension that has installed 10 years and we have had no issues with till now, there are 2 separate UFH systems and manifolds for upstairs and downstairs. We have gas CH with radiators in the rest of the house. Suddenly the UFH in the upstairs part is running super hot, its like a sauna in the room, temperature gauge/ dial near manifold was showing 60 degrees when downstairs its at 40 degrees max. We have 3 separate thermostats one for gas CH, one for down stairs UFH and one for upstairs UFH. The upstairs thermostat is set to same temperature as it always has been and display looks to be working as normal. We have turned down the boiler which has helped a little but now the CH part of the house is cold. Advice greatly appreciated as to where the problem may lie and if its a plumbing or electrical issue so we know who to call out.

Whats the brand of underfloor heating? Depending on which 1, an actuator head may have been knocked off allowing constant flow through the manifold even when you don’t want the upstairs on. Or a zone valve before the manifold is not Closing off.

Any pictures ? Is there a mixing valve fitted ? Or Trv type blender ? Any of these can fail floor surfaces should never go above 37° c tiles can come loose and adhesives debond causing alot of problems. Kop

Any pictures ? Is there a mixing valve fitted ? Or Trv type blender ? Any of these can fail floor surfaces should never go above 37° c tiles can come loose and adhesives debond causing alot of problems. Kop
20191023_210127.jpg
20191023_210130.jpg
20191023_210133.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I attach some images.
[automerge]1571898709[/automerge]
Whats the brand of underfloor heating? Depending on which 1, an actuator head may have been knocked off allowing constant flow through the manifold even when you don’t want the upstairs on. Or a zone valve before the manifold is not Closing off.
Thanks for your reply. Sorry not sure of brand. I attach some photos.
20191023_210127.jpg
20191023_210130.jpg
20191023_210127.jpg
20191023_210133.jpg

Last edited:
In essence you need a well respected plumber. If you can, switch it off as soon as possible. Those sort of temperatures can cause a lot of damage to floor coverings very quickly

If you want to guarantee the floor will no longer heat until a plumber takes a look at the problem, you can close the red handled valve on the manifold which will stop the circulation and keep your flooring cool until it gets fixed. This will not affect the rest of your heating system.

I would say the mixing valve is at fault but you will need a heating engineer to attend and diagnose it properly but as above turn off the red handled valve until he can get there . Cheers kop

Reply to HELP WANTED UFH RUNNING SUPER HOT. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock