Search the forum,

Discuss Help. Vertical flue adjacent to chimney in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello Everyone

Recently bereaved friend of mine is wanting to replace his 15 year old Combi. It is in the loft on the party wall of a semi ( pitched roof has three sloping sides). He asked his Gas Safe Service Engineer for a price to replace. Engineer said that existing vertical flue is too close to the brick chimney. It is about 1 metre away. Engineer says that he’d need a roofer and scaffold to reposition the vertical flue. Lots of rule changes in 15 years, I guess.

I’ve checked the Worcester Bosch diagram and notes online which says

“500mm clearance to any vertical structure on a roof, 600mm
to room sealed flue or 1,500 to an open flue.”

I guess that his chimney pot is an ‘open flue’?

Would you be so kind as to confirm this is correct so as he can accept that he needs to bite the bullet and pay for a roofer and scaffolder on top of a new boiler install.

Thanks

If it’s in the manufacturer’s instructions (mi’s), then that’s what needs to be followed. Yes things can change in 15 years, as it only takes one incident to have people questioning the regulations.

Reply to Help. Vertical flue adjacent to chimney in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock