Search the forum,

Discuss Help taps turning wrong way in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can any plumber offer advise ? I purchased some taps online and my plumber installed them today . They are 1/4 turn vanity hot and cold seperate taps and they turn the wrong direction (both inwards ) my plumber said this is something he has never seen before and if “proves I should only buy locally in Australia “ and not this fancy overseas stuff . I think he has down something wrong . Can anyone suggest what I can ask or tell him tomorrow when he again comes back to look at the problem .

Can’t you swap the cartridges eg hot on the cold and cold on the hot ?

Unfortunately, that's the way the taps are made.
If you swap the spindles, they will both open outwards.

You have 2 choices.
1- get used to it
2- get new taps.

What brand of taps are they and where did you purchase them from?

The spindles aren't handed on some of the taps.

The spindles are made to only open one way, you can't alter which way the spindle opens.

They are marked hot & cold and both turn inwards for the water to flow.
Hot tap- you turn clockwise to open a cold tap is normal.

As you have said they are handed as one turns clockwise and one turns anti clockwise, ie they both turn inwards to turn on,
If you take the cartridges out or swap the taps over they will swing out to turn water on,
All 1/4 turn taps I fit in England either swing in for on or out for on, not the same as old fashioned taps which turn the same way for on and off
If you look at the bottom of the tap cartridge usually one is blue and one red because they are handed
so you usually have the choice of either swinging in or out for on and off
Thats not to say there are taps out there which do swing the same way, its not just the norm its the wonderfull world of modern plumbing fixtures no standards

Reply to Help taps turning wrong way in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock