Search the forum,

Discuss Help request - shower hot water cutting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there

Looking for some help please.

We have a Triton T300si. We had a leak in the remote unit. Plumber said it was a problem with the stabiliser so we bought a new one and plumber replaced it.

There is a new problem now. When the shower is switched on, after a few seconds the hot water pressure drops/cuts out totally, something in the remote box sparks, and it switches itself from the 'high' setting on the main shower unit to 'cold'.

It then won't let you change it up to high again (not that the water was ever hot anyway). All this happens within a few seconds of putting it on, and the water pressure drop/spark at same time.

Plumber insisted 'I've fixed the leak' (which is true) but can't offer any real solutions to lack of hot water.

For what it's worth, he says he thinks it is tripping out because some electrical parts in the shower have been damaged by water. He doesn't know what bit and we can't tell by looking.

Fyi when it was just leaking (pre new stabiliser) it wasn't tripping out or hot water pressure dropping/cutting out - the shower worked hot, it was just leaking.

Please help!

Ps. Has plumber caused this new problem?

Don't triton offer an 80 quid fix fee ??

From my experience electric showers are never worth the hassle of running around for parts.I'm surprised you got someone out to repair the first issue.

Contact triton ask for fixed rate fee for repair if I was you .

Most of the time there is not much of a cost difference from repairing to replacing. At least you get a new warranty with a complete new shower.

Reply to Help request - shower hot water cutting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock