Search the forum,

Discuss Help! Replace kohler diverter valve in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. I have a Kohler Rite-Temp® 1/2 in. Pressure Balancing Valve with Stops. The diverter needs to replaced and I got the replacement part already.

Opened the trim easily. But don’t seem to be able to unscrew the silver trim off the stem (red arrow in the photo). Can’t see why it doesn’t come off. Tips?

To remove the diverter, I use a deep socket socket wrench, right?

Attachments

• IMG_3698.jpeg
    IMG_3698.jpeg
    433 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Help! Replace kohler diverter valve in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Bristan Manhattan mixer tap in the kitchen. Five years ago, it started to drip. I replaced the valve in the cold water side and the dripping stopped. Recently it began to drip again and I replaced the valve again. But, it still drips sometimes. I’m trying to replace the valve on the...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink putting the pipe work in the wall then fitting these black shut off valves and black trap but can’t see how this is possible the way the work has been...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Help. So I’m trying to fit a shower in a bathroom in an old tenement flat in Edinburgh. Unfortunately the thread on the air off valve has broken (thankfully in the off position) and so will need replaced but I can’t switch the water off from the tank. I don’t want to flood downstairs obviously...
Replies
Views
A
Hi The area is near Telford in Shropshire. I have a 25 year old system. A gas fired Rayburn heats hot water and CH. The Honeywell diverter valve (the silver box thingy) has failed on the CH side, but I still have hot water. I bought a replacement, the Honeywell bit, connected to the 3 way...
Replies
Views
Alan Hayward
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock