Search the forum,

Discuss Help? Pressure relief valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

pressure relief valve screw.png

Can anyone help me with this small problem. To make a long story short basically this screw at the side of the pressure relief valve keeps leaking. I tried to undo it and tighten it again but still continues to leak drops of water.

Any suggestions?

@townfanjon it got replaced with a new valve by an engineer and when they went i saw drips coming from the small screw so i tried to tighten it but it still leaks from the screw. i noticed literally 20 minutes after they left once i saw a pile of water around the counter

@townfanjon it got replaced with a new valve by an engineer and when they went i saw drips coming from the small screw so i tried to tighten it but it still leaks from the screw. i noticed literally 20 minutes after they left once i saw a pile of water around the counter
So as you are training you thought, I’ll tell what, I’m going to have a go at this myself?

@Harvest Fields lol how did you read my mind. i know that we should be gas safe to mess around with boilers etc especially with gas which i dont joke around with because its serious. But i thought that because its a water issue i will try to tighten just in case it might be loose. But it didn't work o_O

Reply to Help? Pressure relief valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock