Search the forum,

Discuss HElP PLEASE! Toilet making weird sound after flushing! in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there guys! DIY and homeowner here! For the past month and a half, every time I flush my toilet, it makes this sound and it sounds like also the water is running! I'm not sure what it is! I always have to turn the water off after I flush, and it's getting annoying! Can someone tell me what's wrong? Thanks a million!

The cold water inlet valve in the cistern is likely gone faulty. Sometimes, depending upon the design of the valve, you can remove and replace the internal washer but generally speaking it's usually worth just replacing the whole valve.

One thing you could try purely as a temporary solution until the washer or valve can be replaced, turn down the isolating valve to slow the water velocity down and it might stop the noise. Have a play with the valve open or closed to different amounts. Again, this is not really a proper solution but might stop you waking people up flushing the toilet at night until it can be properly sorted!

Can you upload a picture of the inlet valve inside the cistern please? It will help us decide what you need to do.

Reply to HElP PLEASE! Toilet making weird sound after flushing! in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock