Search the forum,

Discuss Help - One radiator not working in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I’ve a problem with one radiator not working in the house, it’s not been working for a while. I’ve had cleaner in the system for 4 weeks, drained down and refilled and put in inhibitor, changed the rad, lockshield and TRV. ive got water flow on both the feed and return side on the rad. Just can’t understand why the rad won’t get hot. Any thoughts welcome. Thanks Pete.

Hi Pete,

• Do any of the pipes either side of rad get warm?
  • Have you tried balancing the system?
  • Have you tried turning off all other TRV’s on the system?

The feedpipe gets warm, the return pipe is cold. I did refill the radiator last week then the heating system was warm via the return side and the radiator got hot, it didnt stay hot when i bled the rad. Do you think poor flow because of a restricted pipe might be an issue? Like i said i did have sentinel x400 in the system for 1 month, but maybe it just didnt get round that bit of the circuit. Thanks for your response. Cheers Peter

Hi, the feed gets hot, the return is cold. I have tried shutting off all TRV's and lockshields doesn't seem to make any difference, even with the system pressure up at 1.2 bar. Few weeks ago when i changed the TRV and the lockshield i refilled the radiator when there was some latent heat in the heating system, with the TRV shutoff the rad filled from the return side and it got hot. Soon as i opened the TRV, it cooled. I wonder whether it could be a restricted pipe, with sludge? I did have sentinel x400 in the system for one month, maybe it just didnt get through that bit of pipework. Thanks in advance, any advise is most welcome. Pete

Hi Pete,

• Do any of the pipes either side of rad get warm?
  • Have you tried balancing the system?
  • Have you tried turning off all other TRV’s on the system?
Only the feed side gets warm. I have shut off all the TRV's and Lockshields except the particular radiator which isn't working, doesnt makje any difference, so i dont think its possible to balance the system. Only thing i can think is i have a restricted pipe with some sludge? Tried X400 for a month but hasn't made a difference. Appreciate any advice. Cheers Pete

What type and size of piping is it, eg copper, 10mm? If you’re not getting it hot across the radiator, then it’s likely a blockage or both sides piped up to flow or the return, I’ve had this before.

Reply to Help - One radiator not working in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock