Search the forum,

Discuss Help oil boiler fitted but plumber never registered the job in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I had a boiler fitted about 18 months ago and have found out that it was never registered and I can't get hold of company what should I do
Thanks Darren

Have you spoken to the manufacturer? Not registering with building control will not effect anything in practice but not registering with manufacturer is a warranty issue.
For how long has the installer been quiet?

I have only tried to get hold of him today phone, message, whats app and email no replies, I have no issues with the job and everything works great but worried about it not being certified, can I still get it serviced?

You need to give them a week or so atleast, could just be an oversight and they could be busy.
I can go days without picking up messages if I'm up against it.
I would give them time to respond but ultimately even if they don't get back to you it's likely that the manufacturer will register the warranty if you can prove it was installed professionally.
Don't try registering yourself tho untill you've given installer atleast a couple of weeks to do it for you.
I've got the same issue at the moment where I haven't got round to registering due to an oversight and being too busy, customer called but because I didn't answer they registered it themselves, now because I'm a registered installer it means they won't benefit from the priority callouts for a warranty issue that they would if they'd had more patience and I've lost some leverage with manufacturer for having less registered installs.
If it helps think of it like this, if you have a fault and no heating or a leak would you want your engineer to get back to you ASAP and rush to your aid or after they've spent an hour or so on an 18month old registration for a boiler with no faults?

You can still have your oil boiler serviced, just make sure its by someone who knows what they're doing and fills out the paperwork.

Reply to Help oil boiler fitted but plumber never registered the job in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock