From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Help needed with valves ID in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

I'm a newbie to the Forum so very grateful for any advice received.

I need to identify a valve (make and possibly model) that's attached to my oil tank.

I attempted to change the filter in it yesterday, only to find that there wasn't one in there. It must have been removed by the previous owner and not replaced. I've been to my local supplier who reckon that the dump is much older than the valve so they want to sell me a while new valve. Whilst they are not too expensive the fitting is a more difficult task for DIY and I just want to pop a new filter in.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

Wetroom Store - Official Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Ideally you want a 50 micron strainer at the tank which will trap any large particles of crap and an inline filter that will catch any smaller particles. Google Ultra Compact Oil Tank Valve, made by Specific Oil Solutions. Their tank valves are very good!

Reply to Help needed with valves ID in the Oil and Solid Fuel Forum area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor