Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed with stop tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all i have a question in regards to my stop tap , i moved in to my property not too long ago and have recently suffered with the dreaded burst flexi connector in my upstairs bath mixer tap. i tried turning what i thought was the stop tap but it still didn't shut the water completely so isolated the tap upstairs to stop the water. i have found another tap under the kitchen sink which could be it but it does not turn at all ( the stop tap that i tried to turn off is located in kitchen too but its directly below the ceiling ) so not sure which is the right one. this tap just below the ceiling weirdly shakes nosily whenever the toilet is flushed or sink is used upstairs is this normal?? you can hear vibrations in the bathroom upstairs and in the kitchen. Also cold water in kitchen sink is not coming out completely or when it does its a little dribble would a tap replacement rectify this issue?
i have attached some pics for your attention any help would be greatly appreciated in identifying the stop tap thank you very much for reading

Reply to Help needed with stop tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in the picture. Not sure what the thing is to the right of the stopcock? I’ve also taken the inners out of the outside tap and turned on the water again...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if the turn the tap fully on the noise stops. I have replaced the flexible hoses to both taps and fitted in-line isolation valves. The noise is now...
Replies
Views
I have been trying to turn off my outside tap for winter. When I turn the valve under the kitchen sink, it fails to stop the outside tap from running. This valve does seem very stiff. I am assuming I have to turn the value clockwise since if I turn it anti-clockwise it actually starts dripping...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock