Search the forum,

Discuss Help Needed for Boiler Mate OV A-Class in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alburnsy

Help Needed for Boiler Mate OV A-Class

How do I drain the system so I can remove the radiators and refit new ones, I cannot see a drain valve except on the Radiators themselves.

My plan was to Drain the system (from the lowest radiator in the utility next to the garage) remove and re pipe 3 radiators then fill back up, I'm not familiar with this type of boiler and have had no issues in the past with combi boilers is this even possible and if so can anyone offer advice on the normal pit falls that I may run into.

Google doesn't really provide the correct answers and I was hoping some one could shed a little light on the situation as I'm getting the floor layed in the dining room this weekend and would like the radiators moved ASAP.

Thanks
Alan

Should not be a problem to drain through the radiators as you are suggesting. Just shut of the cold feed to the f&e cistern in the loft if its open vent. If its a sealed system then just like a combi make sure the filling loop is closed then drain away.

See the attached image Boiler Image.jpg

This is the only tank above the boiler

if i turn off the power & water on this walve will it empty from the radiators, if so i can do that but how do i fill it up again ?

Alan

Sorry to state the obvious, turn it back on again and it will then fill.

Im confused, therefore it doesn't have a filling loop like a normal combi boiler that is pressurized or is this something that the boiler takes care of itself when it fills up. I know some of the questions are obvious, just wanting some expert professional advice.

So i turn off the electricity to the boiler
Turn off the ideal icon in the utility
Stop the water flow into the boiler from the header tank above (picture valve)
Drain the tank from the radiator valve (at the lowest point)
remove radiators
refit and correct plumbing
Turn the water back on to fill the tank
Turn the electric on and try the hot water & central heating (bleeding the radiators as i go around the house from bottom to top

Is that it in a nut shell
Alan

Alan

Vent before you turn your boiler on

Ppl
Im confused, therefore it doesn't have a filling loop like a normal combi boiler that is pressurized or is this something that the boiler takes care of itself when it fills up. I know some of the questions are obvious, just wanting some expert professional advice.

So i turn off the electricity to the boiler
Turn off the ideal icon in the utility
Stop the water flow into the boiler from the header tank above (picture valve)
Drain the tank from the radiator valve (at the lowest point)
remove radiators
refit and correct plumbing
Turn the water back on to fill the tank
Turn the electric on and try the hot water & central heating (bleeding the radiators as i go around the house from bottom to top

Is that it in a nut shell
Alan

Alan
You got it.

By vent do you mean at the radiator valves (Bleeding) or is there one on the boiler itself

Alan

Pour in header tank as system is filling not after it has filled. Use double normal dosage due to volume of thermal store.

You got kids in the house? get a GSR in to fix that hanging timeclock before someone gets a bump, or worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help Needed for Boiler Mate OV A-Class in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant near me but they all need to ring Firebird who are closed till next week. I wonder if anyone can help me find this part please? It's a pressure sensor...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install to radiators being fitted and therefore able to comission the system. Our plumber is now employed elsewhere and unfortunately unable to complete this...
Replies
Views
Hi all Wondering if you could help with this strange issue. I have a Vaillant ecotec 637 (set to 20kw part load) which was connected via a LLH to my system of 3 zones; DHW and 2 radiator zones. The gas usage was high and didn’t feel the boiler was modulating, so yesterday I decided to remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock