Search the forum,

Discuss help my wife in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

migoplumber

i have just tried to explain the principles of cylinders to my missus... she is still laughing at me blank faced.

can anybody offer my wife a different explanation please.
how does a combi work?
what is the difference between a cylinder and a combi?
what is the difference between an indirect cylinder and a direct one?
why would you choose a direct over an indirect?

thanks guys.

shaun
ps. its all my fault in advance as i am a useless teacher!

how does a combi work?
Like a turbo

what is the difference between a cylinder and a combi?
One's round

what is the difference between an indirect cylinder and a direct one?
One's an accusation - the other's a rolling pin

why would you choose a direct over an indirect?
Gets it over and done with

Probably doesn't help much but I've been to the dentist, got toothache and need cheering up

Hi.
1. insert a short bit of copper pipe into a length of hose, connect to cold tap hold copper pipe over gas ring and open end over sink. Turn on tap a little and light gas. Get her to feel for temp change at discharge end, turn up flow from tap water will get cooler just like a combi. Then the washing up
2. Us the same bit of copper warm up over gas and plunge in glass of cold water, note the increase in temp.
3. Now days direct may be used where the only form of fuel is electricity. Heated by immersion heater element (about now get her to put the kettle on that's direct) Put hose on hot tap and coil it to fit in a kettle full of cold water, That indirect. That the C&G passed. corgi next. Good Luck

What you need is an incentive.tell her as soon as she knows the answers to the listed questions she can get her hair done and maybe a new top
Mrs Shaun will be telling us the differances within 5 mins ;):D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I would never say this to my better half but just can't resist this and I know its sexist and not very PC, but I would explain to her that women are as good at driving cars as they are at understanding plumbing!

Now, I've just been whacked, I didn't see her standing behind me............... I'm in for a good evening!

my missus hangs radiators and clips up perfectly!
she is not a stay at home knitter watching jeremy kyle.
(not that there is anything wrong with stay at home knitters)

she now reads this and think your all taking the michael.
it was a serious post, as i am a useless teacher. we have both enjoyed and laughed at the posts, ta.

mrs shaun will be the next poster, beware all, her bits are bigger than mine.

bernie?

cheers all, think im gonna cry.
shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help my wife in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock