Search the forum,

Discuss Help me understand the specifications of an UFH mixing group in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone,

I have installed in my house an UFH system that consists of:
  • Condensing boiler
  • Hydraulic separator 4.5m3/hr
  • UFH mixing group - TECEfloor – 7745 00 00
  • Manifold TECEfloor – 7731 00 xx

The circuits are laid as follows:
Zone 1
  • 3 circuits 80m each
  • 10 cm spacing
Zone 2
  • 1 circuit 85m
  • 1 circuit 96m
  • 10 cm spacing
Zone 3
  • 1 circuit 100m
  • 10 cm spacing
Zone 4
  • 1 circuit 52m
  • 5 cm spacing

I need your help to figure out how to setup the mixing valve and balancing valve. Right now it is set to 35°C with a 1500l/h set to the balancing valve. I don't know it this is right...

Can someone explain how to find out the optimum adjustments?
Also, is there any way i can find out the pressure drop of the UFH mixing group and distributor? I don't know how to interpret the Thermostat Kvs value and the Return valve Kvs value.

Below are the technical details of the Mixing and pumping unit.
Operating modes:
  • Constant pressure 300 mbar <-- pump is set to this
  • Constant pressure 400 mbar
  • Proportional and
  • Variably adjustable
Output approx. 10 kW,
Primary flow max. 90 °C, primary return max. 55 °C,
Pmax = 6 bar,
Thermostat valve Kvs value 4.0,
Return valve Kvs value 2.7

Many thanks!

Attachments

• hydraulic_separator.jpg
    hydraulic_separator.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 4
  • mixing_valve.png
    mixing_valve.png
    197.7 KB · Views: 5
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 6
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 5
  • system_sketch.png
    system_sketch.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 5
Is it possible to give me further details?
I am seeing that the balance valve can be set to a different value meaning different flow rates.
I don't understand how it balances itself.
Thank you!

Reply to Help me understand the specifications of an UFH mixing group in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock