Search the forum,

Discuss Help! Leaky Copper Elbow Bit. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

A pipe below an upstairs floorboard (in the ceiling of the kitchen below) is dripping. I accidentally put my finger through the ceiling earlier and found it.

The drip is coming out of a copper elbow / corner bit. There's a small green spot of erosion and the water reappears there when I wipe it. It must be a pinprick sized hole cos water is only in small drops.

Need a solution to get me through lockdown. Is it likely to burst and flood the house or can I shove a bucket under it for a month? Or is there something I can put over the pinprick hole that will stop the water coming out.

I have zero plumbing expertise in case that wasn't obvious from my garbled explanation!

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_152221880~2.jpg
    IMG_20200327_152221880~2.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 29
It won't burst open. If you can catch it in a bucket all good. Fixing an elbow like that = competent diy job.
[automerge]1585336814[/automerge]
Might be an idea to try and find out what those pipes supply...

It won't burst open. If you can catch it in a bucket all good. Fixing an elbow like that = competent diy job.
[automerge]1585336814[/automerge]
Might be an idea to try and find out what those pipes supply...

Its the cold water pipe for the sink in the bathroom above. I made the hole big enough to investigate.

I have a bucket in the middle of the kitchen catching the drips.

You should be fine for a bit just don’t go touching / cleaning it

Needs the elbows replacing

Its the cold water pipe for the sink in the bathroom above. I made the hole big enough to investigate.

I have a bucket in the middle of the kitchen catching the drips.
You might tie a length of string around the leaking bit and leave a length dangling down a bit this will help the water find its way into the bucket better and float a sponge in the bucket to mitigate splashes.
Centralheatking

Reply to Help! Leaky Copper Elbow Bit. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock