Search the forum,

Discuss HELP leak under boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
please help.
I have a Worcester boiler. last serviced 11 months ago. I've just seen huge water stains on my ceiling. I've come upstairs to look at the boiler and the whole area underneath it is a pool of water. I can see slow drips of water coming from the white pipe. I don't know the terminology of what the pipes are called so will put a photo. there is something that I gather from Google is called a tun dish. this is full of water and the water is coming from under there. the boiler is currently still on and working fine.

15200253611571928181927.jpg

If the tundish is full of water it sounds like your condensate is frozen outside and blocked which has back filled the condensate and it’s now cascading over tundish now it’s full

If the tundish is full of water it sounds like your condensate is frozen outside and blocked which has back filled the condensate and it’s now cascading over tundish now it’s full

ive seen some links on facebook about that. our boiler has been working. i can't access the outdoor pipes as boiler is up in the loft (lift is converted to a bedroom).

Your boiler would continue working as you have had a tundish fitted which will allow the siphon inside your boiler still to flush through condensated water and unfortunately spill all over your floor where as others that do not have the tundish fitted the water is backing up into the boiler cause ignition failure

time to call a gas safe engy out then sorry to say as its frozen

The white pipe and tundish is likely to freeze as well

thanks for your responses. I have a bowl under the leak at present and will hopefully be able to get someone out tomorrow:)

I checked at 5am and it was still dripping. just been up now (10am ) and the bowl is empty.
maybe it was a frozen pipe that has now defrosted? will get someone out to check

Could be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP leak under boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock