Search the forum,

Discuss [HELP] Impossible to remove toilet seat cover in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a toilet seat that is impossible to remove. I've never encountered anything like it before.

It's a single piece design, so accessing the underside is very difficult (out of sight, with maybe 4in between the wall and the water closet). Took a picture with my phone camera - and there doesnt appear to be a nut on the underside either

The top piece is chromed marine brass. This thing doesnt dent. I've taken out all the screws and it still wont budge. Loosened all the hex nuts (for tightening the soft close mechanism) and it still wont budge.

I cant seem to take it out.

WA332/SB3320

The chrome fittings dont have anything that can be removed to expose the screw.
20201211_205631.jpg20201211_205644.jpg20201211_205646.jpgseat behind.JPG

The nut is captive within that black bush (which appears to be cracked).

Looking at the shape of the hinge it looks like the top section will slide towards you , revealing the screw below....

The nut is captive within that black bush (which appears to be cracked).

Looking at the shape of the hinge it looks like the top section will slide towards you , revealing the screw below.***
what do you mean by 'top section will slide towards you'?

I've tried pushing it to all directions. it does slide a bit, but nothing comes out.

Ben gee is saying and I agree that the part left on the pan separates.
The screws in the side lock the top to the base.
It's probably stuck with remnants of the waste that should have gone down the pan. 😳

Try pouring hot water over the chrome part then slide it off

WC seat drawn.jpg

Looks like it's got sealer of some sort under it stopping it form moving

WC Seat screws Drawn.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to [HELP] Impossible to remove toilet seat cover in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, sorry to have to post this but we got a new bathroom a few months ago and the toilet seat was loose at one side. The cistern is integrated and the seat is top-fixing. I assumed it was quick release but couldn't find a button to push, there are no little grommit hidden screws or...
Replies
Views
Hi! Hoping for a bit of help! Thought I had an easy job of changing my toilet seat however it seems to be more challenging than I thought. It seems there’s no screw under the chrome. Just one long screw with a wing nut underneath. Please correct me if I’m wrong. The toilet seat also doesn’t...
Replies
Views
There has been some useful info in other threads on how to start removing an Ideal Standard toilet set. There's no push release on this model, the seat mechanism so has two rusted hex screws attaching the seat that were a pain to get off which then needed some wd40 and heavy force to get the...
Replies
Views
Hi - Not quite sure how this forum works so this query is intended for all members - I have attached photos of a 'RAK Ella' soft close toilet seat with hidden fittings which was bought and fitted about 5 years ago. The seat has started to become loose and I am not sure how to tighten it. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I recently bought one of those under the seat bidet sprayers for my toilet, but cannot for the life of me work out how to get the seat off in order to install it! I'm not a dumb person and reasonably handy, but there seems to be no way to access the fixings, not from underneath, top or...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock