Search the forum,

Discuss Help identifying a thermostatic cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lzwzzx

Hi, I have a shower unit that I cannot identify, there are no names or marks on it and it was in the house when we moved in - so it must be more than 12 years old. The thermostatic cartridge has failed, the shower runs cold all the time despite there being hotwater available to it. I have uploaded a photo of the shower unit and the cartridge. The cartridge does not have any names or marks on it either, on removing it I tested water flow for the hot and cold and they are both flowing fine and have the same pressure.
Picture12.jpg

Cartridge is screw in, screw is at the front. it is parrallel, there are no tapers, it measures 10 cm long in total and is 320 mm diameter, I have removed the push on temp limiter

Picture11.jpg
Thanks

Attachments

• Picture11.jpg
    Picture11.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 18
Hi izwzzx good advice from Mickbrown good luck:)regards turnpin

Are you sure its diameter is 320mm!!!!!!!!!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help identifying a thermostatic cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock