Search the forum,

Discuss Help - I need a replacement shower cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vetpat29

Hi all,

Its the same old story i need a replacement shower cartridge, but am finding it hard to find the replacement part. The shower has no makers name.
I have put the old cartridge and shower in my photo album.

If anyone can help would be very greatdful.

cheers
Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi bod,
Thanks for replying, iv now put the pics of cartridge and shower in albums.
Thanks for your help

As gasman says, send pics to showerdoc they have helped me loads in the past.

How did people source cartridges before the internet?

Or was it just...new shower.

I've given up with showers. If I can find the make I refer the customers to the manufacturers and if I can't find the make I suggest a new shower.

My experience generally involves an initial visit (cost).

Then time to find a replacement part (more cost).

Then a phone call, which often results with a "I'll come back to you."

Then a few weeks later "You came out to look at our shower, can you buy the cartridge?"

Then a scrabble through my notebook and if I can't find the necessary bits, another visit.

Then buy the part, fighting off the screams of "How much?"

Book customer in and visit with cartridge. Then spend ages trying to work out how to remove old part and find new part might require another O ring or something, let alone the difficulty of finding out how to isolate the shower without turning off the house water and draining a 3 mile long pipe run.

Then fit new cartridge and find it drips.

Cost of cartridge plus a good two hours of work results in £225? I can't charge that much.

Call to manufacturer will result it cost to customer of around £90 plus part. Or new shower might result in a two hour session and a £300 sparkly, new shower .

As for electric showers I undo cover, look for pipe and wire and ease of replacement and scorch mark, then replacement a few days later.

I know there are some companies who just replace, don't repair. And I can fully understand why.

i agree in just sending some parts back to shower doc as when wallplate was cut of the shower was embeded in cements and couldnt get the front of to repair just ripped it out and replaced

How did people source cartridges before the internet?

Or was it just...new shower.

No one bought cheap foreign showers then so there was less choice. You rolled up, looked at the model and went to the merchants and got an overhaul kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help - I need a replacement shower cartridge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi has anyone ever renew a thermostatic shower cartridge on a Firedearth shower in photo I’m trying to find replacement Firedearth will tell me the manufacturer of mixer
Replies
Views
A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but the temperature handle won't come off. Am I missing something or does it just need more force?
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
Hi, I’m looking for guidance to access the cartridge of a leaking single handle bathroom faucet. It has no visible markings on it to determine manufacturer. I see how to remove the handle but question the 2 metal rings which are part of the faucet. Do these need to be removed to access the...
Replies
Views
I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor. My problem is this: If I install the thermostatic cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temp sensor (i.e. do the job properly), the shower runs warm...
Replies
Views
My shower temperature control knob isn't working anymore - only produces hot water. I tried replacing the cartridge but I can't seem to remove the existing one. What's the best way to remove the cartridge I've attached pictures of? It's very very stiff.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock