Search the forum,

Discuss Help! I need a partial bath tap replacement in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

First of all please excuse my limited knowledge on plumbing!
so my bath tap has started dripping from the ceramic cartridge, It is a single lever bath/shower mixer tap. (See photo)
I have replaced the mixer cartridge with a new one but the sealing face for the cartridge is corroded and I believe is not creating a good seal, hence the drip.
I want to replace the tap but due to the position of it, I would have to remove the entire bath to access the upright spouts.
My question is, can I replace the part of the tap connected to the spouts and if so can any one recommend a suitable replacement?
The gap between the spouts is 150mm.
If you need any more info, please ask as I want to make the correct purchase first time.
Many thanks

Leo

Attachments

• 919C811C-87AC-48FA-996F-6CE92BFE7887.jpeg
    919C811C-87AC-48FA-996F-6CE92BFE7887.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 15
  • 3BB90255-ACC0-4126-8674-2016D6E929A4.jpeg
    3BB90255-ACC0-4126-8674-2016D6E929A4.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 16
You could leave the tails/spouts in the bath and renew the top part. What size looking down on your tap are the centre to centre of the tap/spouts at the back? Is there a makers name on the tap? Do you have a combi boiler or just gravity hot water?

Last edited:
You could leave the tails/spouts in the bath and renew the top part. What size looking down on your tap are the centre to centre of the tap/spouts at the back? Is there a makers name on the tap? Do you have a combi boiler or just gravity hot water?
Bit hard to measure centre to centre at the back because they are oval shaped but sum where between 180-185mm (thats between the spouts mating with the bath). Between the spouts connecting to the tap is 150mm. Unfortunately no markings on the tap for identification and I have a combi boiler.
Many thanks

Like this measurement bottom image. If that is the same you could have a thermostatic bath shower mixer or a tap that connects the same as yours.

Attachments

• grohe-eurostyle-cosmopolitan-single-lever-bath-shower-mixer-33612002-spare-parts-[2]-122593-1-p.jpg
    grohe-eurostyle-cosmopolitan-single-lever-bath-shower-mixer-33612002-spare-parts-[2]-122593-1-p.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6
Like this measurement bottom image. If that is the same you could have a thermostatic bath shower mixer or a tap that connects the same as yours.
Yes the measurements in that picture are correct. Do you have any suggestions on where to get the tap from? All my searches from suppliers have failed to provide dimensions on their taps. Ideally I would like to just replace the tap for a like for like but I can’t find one 🤦🏻

Yes the measurements in that picture are correct. Do you have any suggestions on where to get the tap from? All my searches from suppliers have failed to provide dimensions on their taps. Ideally I would like to just replace the tap for a like for like but I can’t find one 🤦🏻
Do you know where your bathroom came from? If you do you will be able to buy the same. Take a photo. You said you bought the cartridge for the tap. Did they know what the tap was? I will take a proper look when I get in.

Amazon normally have decent pictures of there sizes

Cheap and cheerful

Decent

Amazon normally have decent pictures of there sizes

Cheap and cheerful

Decent

I didn’t even think to look on amazon for a bath tap! Those dimensions seem to match up with mine, so guessing they should fit. I’ll give the cheap and cheerful one a go and easy enough to return if it doesn’t.
Thanks for all your help everyone 👍🏻

Reply to Help! I need a partial bath tap replacement in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock