Search the forum,

Discuss Help I have a drip on the washing machine tap I think. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am no good at DIY but came here for help on a plumbing problem.
I have a small leak as per picture attached, I think the shading machine tap needs replacing but I am not sure.
Have checked the copper piping that appears fine, but the drip appears to be coming from the machine tap.
The y plastic tap above appears to be fine. To repair the issue is this something easy to do myself plus the part wise?
O I tried my best to seal the leak but it is not working hence the tape on the pic.

IMG_0859.JPG

Two possibilities at first glance:

1. Rubber seal inside beige plastic lower nut on Y piece is missing / damaged - replace Y piece.
2. The blue plastic handle on the tap is preventing the beige plastic nut from tightening up sufficiently. Remove blue plastic handle. There will be a small machine screw attaching the handle to the valve spindle.

Looks like it's leaking from the plastic y there not very good and best replaced

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/compre...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COiVg5j6htYCFUPIUQodPk8LtQ

You can do it yourself if you have hand tools grips and an adjustable spanner

If not should cost too much for a plumber

Check my link two posts up

Is this Defo the right part as per pic the blue handle piece seems to bend not have two ports to it. I think the y pipe is the issue as you can see the water coming out just where the plastic nut is.

IMG_0874.JPG

They leak all the time there rubbish best to replace either either two washing machine valves or the one in my link above

Nope no difference just two 3/4 connectors

Hello I have another issue regarding the bath itself
Recently a screw has come lose under the bathroom tap, the rubber has worn away on the screw. I think the other one is on its way out as well.

I have attached the photos can anyone help with this?

IMG_1668.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help I have a drip on the washing machine tap I think. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock