Search the forum,

Discuss Help getting into plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

michaelbright1

Hi guys wondering if i can get some help with getting me up to speed with my options. Back in 2009 i achieved level 2 6129 in basic plumbing but since then i have discovered that certificate no longer exists. i had to care for my dad since then so couldn't further my plumbing but now want to get back into plumbing and follow that profession. What are my options ? i have no experience off plumbing on site and have a certificate that is obsolete. Does the 6129 carry any weight still? any feed back much appreciated

I don't know about your Qualification.

How old are you?
I think the best start is as an apprentice.
Personally I would stay away from 'Quick fix' plumbing courses that promise the earth !

When you did the level 2, were you employed as a plumber or by a plumber at the time or was it not NVQ

6129 was the old Tech Cert which could lead onto the NVQ. Replaced by the 6035 and 6189 qualifications. Your old certificate isn't worth much in its own right but the skills should provide a foundation for a trainee job.. Good luck!

Thank you for replying , I'm 26 and the level 2 was theory based with a bit of practical at a training centre. The certificate is City and Guilds. After the basics were learnt it was then left for me to find an employer and pay / fund for my on site assessment to be fully level 2 NVQ.

Thank you for replying , I'm 26 and the level 2 was theory based with a bit of practical at a training centre. The certificate is City and Guilds. After the basics were learnt it was then left for me to find an employer and pay / fund for my on site assessment to be fully level 2 NVQ.

Sounds like Able Skills...

Sounds like Able Skills...

Is Able Skills bad ?
I was wondering to try them up , I have a mate who finish C&G in Plumbing 6035-2 there and He is doing ok .

What would you recommend Masood I am 38 years old .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help getting into plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial market (i.e. tendering to main contractors flats etc). My background is a commercial manager, I use to do plumbing years back so technically I would not...
Replies
Views
Hi, a couple simple questions. 1. I have two pipes like seen on a attached photo in my back yard. One is for the waste from kitchen, the other one is for the waste from toilet/bathroom. Obviously rodents can easily get into them pipes.. is the any ways to prevent that? 2. And a second question...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im a DIY Plumber Im working on moving my plumbing in my basement to the other side of the soon-to-be bathroom. I've busted up the concrete and replumbed all the fixtures and was about to close it up and starting having anxiety that I did it wrong. Hoping someone can help me know whether my...
Replies
Views
Heĺlo I have a water leak under bathroom floor tiles. It is on the hot water feed to the tap. I noticed the tiles leading to sink warm last few days. Now my radiators are not heating up because the hot water must be getting diverted to the tap. What are my options? Can I get house insurance...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock