Search the forum,

Discuss Help for Solar Virgin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi. I must confess that I know very little about solar at all.

I am looking at the possibility of solar panels at my place as I am eventually going to get round to replacing the system for an unvented one and am considered solar as well.

The thing is my roof has a very shallow pitch. It is a flat roof with a ridge at one end at about 2ft above the flat section. Is there a minimum pitch which the panels must be inclined on?

The cylinder is directly below the flat roof so piping to it would be fairly straightforwards.

Hi. I must confess that I know very little about solar at all.

I am looking at the possibility of solar panels at my place as I am eventually going to get round to replacing the system for an unvented one and am considered solar as well.

The thing is my roof has a very shallow pitch. It is a flat roof with a ridge at one end at about 2ft above the flat section. Is there a minimum pitch which the panels must be inclined on?

The cylinder is directly below the flat roof so piping to it would be fairly straightforwards.

you can get brackets so that you can install on flat roof.

Do the panels need to be inclined or can they go flat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help for Solar Virgin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello My solar thermal system appears to be leaking fluid (pics attached). Could anyone give me an indication of what the issue is likely to be and the potential cost to rectify? The system was installed in May 2021 and has a flat plate panel on the roof. It works very well generally and...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for a heating engineer to recommend / install a pressurised cylinder and combi boiler system. There is ufh for a living space and two bathrooms, and radiators for the rest of the house. It's a 3 bed 2 bathroom property with solar panels on the roof, located in ringwood bh24. Any...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone, I have customer with solar that doesn't seem to be working so only gets 1/2 a tank of hot water which is heated by the central heating system. She can't find a company to come out and service the wet solar system and she is looking at getting loft conversion in the future will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am fitting new taps and a shower mixer in my en-suite and was looking to isolate the hot water pipes. I have an unvented indirect heating system (have attached some photos). I was wondering if the isolation valve that would shut off the water to the hot water taps is as circled in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock