Search the forum,

Discuss Help finding pipe diameter fittings in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Could someone help please. I live in an old house and I'm refurbishin the bathroom, the mains water connection is an odd size and need to convert to 15mm pipe. I have tried 22mm pipe too big and tried 20mm pipe too small, I have been reading up and I think it's 3/4 imperial pipe so about 21mm outside diameter. Is there a fitting which I can screw directly to the male thread on the mains pipe to 15mm compression? This is proper stressing me out. Also would the mains pipe go down and out of the building rather then follow the wall on the inside of building

You got a picture of said pipe ?

Have you put a new piece of pipe in eg 22mm or is that the old stuff just cleaned ?

You can use a bit off 22mm instead of the existing pipe eg remove it from the fitting and keep the nut might need a bit of a file so the 22mm fits and then use a 22mm olive

Use a 22mm compression fitting with a 3/4 olive.
He’s trying to get on to a 3/4 fitting, not pipe. If pipe, your suggestion works.

He could remove the tee (and bottom nut olive) and possible get a 22mm fitting and 3/4 olive on the stub. Or even an endfeed 3/4 to 22mm coupling.

Reply to Help finding pipe diameter fittings in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock