Search the forum,

Discuss Help! En suit hot sink feed terrible. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

First time posting but need help urgently.
Our en suite bathroom is the room next to the water heater for the house. All the water pipes in the house are run off 10mm pipes.
Our en suite shower has incredible water pressure both hot and col but the en suit tap has almost zero pressure on the hot to the point I can even get a flow of water out of it but the cold in amazing!
I have disconnected the hot from the tap and opened it from the isolator where the pressure is still pretty terrible it only trickles out.
I have turned the water off and opened both the isolator on the hot feed to the sink and the hot on the shower and blown down the pipe to hear if there is a blockage but I can hear myself blowing the other end and it forces the remaining water out so it can't be that.
I am stuck for ideas and don't want to have to pull the floor up.

Has it always been like this or did it used to operate correctly?

Has any work been done recently?

We only moved in 4 months ago but it has always been like this since we moved in
I have done work around the house but nothing else has been affected and it was like this before the work started.
I'm pretty convinced it must be a blockage somewhere.

If it’s a fairly modern build they are usually 15 mm but reduce to 10 mm in the wall to keep it neat and easier to hide

When you say you have a water heater, is that a gas boiler or a hot water cylinder?

Do you have a full bore isolating valve on the supply? I have been places where the pipework was never flushed through and debris in the pipework . How competent are you with plumbing? I would isolate the water take off the isolation valve, for me I have made an adaptor to connect onto the pipework, then a hose, run into shower tray or outside turn on the water and check. If you still have the same problem. Then it is likely you have a kinked pipe somewhere.

Have you taken the isolation valve off the pipe totally?
Is it 10mm copper or 10mm plastic?

Non return valve in hot pipework to tap that has broken up internally?
Can you blow from shower to tap and also from tap to shower?

Non return valve in hot pipework to tap that has broken up internally?
Can you blow from shower to tap and also from tap to shower?
If you can blow down the pipe work it's not completely blocked, but if you didn't remove a non return vale you will not have done it any good. Turn the water off. Remove the valve. Fit a compression straight/coupler in its place, use 1/2 inch hozelock hose connector fit hose. Run water to shower tray. Turn water on and check. If you have full flow of water you have your answer

Hi All,
The pipework is 10mm plastic.
I have taken the isolation valve off recently and run the water back on into a bucket but the flow is non existent is merely a dribble.
I have also blown down the shower hot feed and sink hot feeds and can hear it out of both ends.
cannot think of anything else apart from tracing the pipe all the way under the floor.
[automerge]1590581642[/automerge]
i will get some pictures of all the visible pipework for the sink, shower and water heater and hopefully this will give you guys a better understanding.

Reply to Help! En suit hot sink feed terrible. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock