Search the forum,

Discuss Help ccn1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Craig O'Neil

I'm reading my bpec folder over and over is there any other way I could learn the info in the folder

Make notes on it.

Go through each section and make notes of the really important bits on index cards or old envelopes.

Then give the index cards to family members and get them to test you.

Make notes on it.

Go through each section and make notes of the really important bits on index cards or old envelopes.

Then give the index cards to family members and get them to test you.

Thank you I'll give it a try

I'm reading my bpec folder over and over is there any other way I could learn the info in the folder

Read it, write out bullet points . Read ur notes try and re write then from memory. U don't need to know every word as u can reference in exam! Just the basic principles?

I always use a yellow highlighter pen on the stuff that I'm a little hazy on the first time of reading.

Then I just concentrate on learning the highlighted stuff so the task is easier.

Worked for me the last 30 years (and some........)

Just reference the answers in your book on the day. If you have a good grasp of the subject then you can eliminate the 2 silly answers they give and use the book to find the answer, if you don't already know it of course. Its not a difficult exam tbh

I always use a yellow highlighter pen on the stuff that I'm a little hazy on the first time of reading.

Then I just concentrate on learning the highlighted stuff so the task is easier.

Worked for me the last 30 years (and some........)
Haha I only agree with you if it's minimal use of a highlighter, seriously I've looked in students books to help them find something and actually can't see what I'm looking for as there's too much highlighted

Thats a fair point. I looked at one of my trainees years ago and I thought he had a yellow book!

If they're hazy on everything then I guess it's the old saying,

"If the learner hasn't learnt then the teacher hasn't taught!" At that point I usually look for a new job....

Have you looked at the questions at the back of the book?

I've just recently sat the exams (and passed :)) although if your book is the same as mine there are a few mistakes in it, and answers to questions that aren't there!

Having said that, it makes you read through it in a different way and you pick up a lot while trying to find the answer.
Hope this helps

Just reference the answers in your book on the day. If you have a good grasp of the subject then you can eliminate the 2 silly answers they give and use the book to find the answer, if you don't already know it of course. Its not a difficult exam tbh

Very true when I did mine it is so simple
Of the group there were about 5 I would not trust to tie up my shoe laces but they still passed !
All the answers are in front of you anyway it is only a case of being able to find them ?
I despair at our education system if I were being honest !

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help ccn1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock