Search the forum,

Discuss Help! Any ideas how to level this corner basin? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I’ve fitted loads of wall hung basins in my time but this one is defeating me.

Whatever I do the front of the basin is much lower than the back and I can’t get it level. It’s and Ideal Standard basin with a vanity unity that goes underneath so it needs to be level. I’ve tried corner brackets, rag bolts, shimming the brackets and wall but unless I hold the front up by hand then it sinks at the front and won’t stay level so I can’t even silicone it in place.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I’m slowly loosing it!

4B3F8911-261F-4DBC-AF47-9E026BA806B5.jpeg

80A2C818-4DC3-4B4B-A3F3-10A54606CB99.jpeg

is it meant to be level or is that correct way
so water runs back into basin and so it doesn't collect on the top at the back

If it was raised a few mil off the grout line, would you be able to tell? (I mean someone other than you, you'll always know!)

Level it left and right and that’s it you won’t adjust front and back

If it was raised a few mil off the grout line, would you be able to tell? (I mean someone other than you, you'll always know!)
Yes I could, although the fixings for the vanity unit have already been drilled as they were pretty specific on the height. I know the sealant will hide a bit of the grout line but the front of the sink is about 20mm lower than the back which seems quite a lot to me.

Your main fixings are the fischer ones

If there is vanity unit going underneath it can you not sit it on that and then gently tighten it back to the wall using the fischer bolts?

Can you use tile adhesive to pack it out and somehow support it until the adhesive sets? Then tighten the nuts?

Trouble is this may result in a slight gap between the side of the unit and the wall nearer the front corners of the basin.

Take the two bolted on brackets off and lengthen the slots with a file, drill, dremel or whatever to give you more vertical adjustment as they appear to be at the end of their travel.

Looks like you only need a few extra mm (thickness of grout line) of adjustment to be able to level it.

Either that or reposition those brackets upwards by the correct distance using the two unused screw holes instead of the single large bolt.

Last edited:
I'd personally wouldnt of used the wall brackets you have very little movement then if your walls are slightly out of plumb it will throw the basin out , you maybe better to fit the unit first then silicone the corner basin in place once cured you could nip up up the bolts slightly ? If the basin doesn't sit on the unit then remove the wall brackets silicone the basin to the wall resting on the bolts leave the nuts and plastic washers loose prop the front of the basin with tile batten on each corner level it and leave to cure , nip up once cured you will need a plastic packer to pull up against the tile possibly? Regards kop

Put a screw in the corner fixing before you finally tighten the Fischers up.
The basin will be slightly tapered on the sides, so it will release from the mould.
The Fischers will be pushing the basin up as the washers tighten down on the taper

Reply to Help! Any ideas how to level this corner basin? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock