• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today!

Discuss Hello.. Plumber, going back on the tools?? in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Billysven

Reaction score
Hello All
My name is Bill and have been a plumber for 35years. I have just returned from Australia where I was working as a plumbing inspector for 12 years! I have returned to the UK ( Ireland actually) and am considering getting back on the tools (probably just maintenance) .. Interested to hear of any major plumbing news that you think may be of interest over the last decade or so. Any must have tools or gadgets to help me out? Happy to give any advice/insight into Australian plumbing too!

Cheers

Bill

townfanjon

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Ehup Bill , you’ve come home “you mad fool” lol .
Own up , you have only come back because of brexit .
Welcome

OP
B

Billysven

Reaction score
Thanks Jon... Yeah I sometimes wonder.
I travel a lot and got itchy feet again. I met a lass from Ireland and am now over here (north of Dublin). Not desperate for work but wouldn't mind doing a little bit for some extra Euros. Just putting together a basic toolkit now... I'm being dragged back in!

centralheatking

Reaction score
Hi Bill, Irish Ladies are a compulsion of mine, well done. Eire tends to do things its own way but always defers to UK Wras in terms
of water regulations in a total blanket acceptance. If anybody in the Free State takes any notice maybe you can tell us when your feet are firmly grounded. UKPF is a great place to learn, ask questions and contribute...I learn nuggets of info regularly from all ages on here and I have been in this game since 1980. Good Luck
centralheatking

OP
B

Billysven

Reaction score
Hi Bill, Irish Ladies are a compulsion of mine, well done. Eire tends to do things its own way but always defers to UK Wras in terms
of water regulations in a total blanket acceptance. If anybody in the Free State takes any notice maybe you can tell us when your feet are firmly grounded. UKPF is a great place to learn, ask questions and contribute...I learn nuggets of info regularly from all ages on here and I have been in this game since 1980. Good Luck
centralheatking
Thanks.. Not planning on getting involved with gas again. Thinking taps, WCs , Kitchens etc. the old back is not too flash.. too many lofts and cellars! Looking forward to the stories in the forum..
Cheers

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Thanks.. Not planning on getting involved with gas again. Thinking taps, WCs , Kitchens etc. the old back is not too flash.. too many lofts and cellars! Looking forward to the stories in the forum..
Cheers
Your flag has just changed ??;)

Lou

By 'eck she's an admin lass
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Billy, Great that you have joined us! I think I would rather stay in Australia! We have a few members from there now. WHere in Ireland are you?

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Do you have a DAB radio for work?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.