Search the forum,

Discuss Hello, new member, question regarding unvented cylinder installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darren

Hi

I have recently had a unvented cylinder installed. The old water tank has been replaced with this system at a cost of £2500. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks

Darren

sorry its way too hard to say without knowing the full scope of work

Welcome to the forum Darren :)

Too hard to say, need some more info.

What's making you ask the question ?

Welcome!

Thanks for your responses everybody.
I know it's after the event I just wanted to know if I was paying a fair price.
We had 2 old water tanks replaced with this new system that has markedly improved the pressure and regulation of temperature.
It's a tempest cylinder.

Darren , we would still need more info mate , where is the cylinder sited ? Size of cylinder ? Major pipework changes ? Etc etc I could go on , sorry

it sounds like a fair bit of work, also depends on where in the country you are as to what you'll pay.

If it's only water tanks out and cylinder in then somebody has had your eyes out. Did they wear a mask ?

Ok it's positioned in the airing cupboard where the old immersion tank was. Next to the main bathroom, we are having 3 bathrooms redone so there is pipe work for that but it's on a separate quote. He spent at least a couple of days disconnecting the old water tank in the loft

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    680.2 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    723.6 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    928.9 KB · Views: 24
Can you do a few more photo's some of the left hand pipework and more on the top. There are a few issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello, new member, question regarding unvented cylinder installation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock