Search the forum,

Discuss Hello. I worked on an oil boiler that when the outside door is closed the burner goes to lockout. When it is opened slightly it works perfectly. Ha in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. I worked on an oil boiler that when the outside door is closed the burner goes to lockout. When it is opened slightly it works perfectly. Has been working fine in same situation for 20 years. I replaced the gasket at the burner and replaced the fire board on heat exchanger access door and still no fix. Has anyone any ideas?

Seals would have been my first thought too. What's your FGA readings? Have you checked fan intake and impeller for dirt etc? Possible you have restricted air flow when the casing is on.

Reply to Hello. I worked on an oil boiler that when the outside door is closed the burner goes to lockout. When it is opened slightly it works perfectly. Ha in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m a Rayburn engineer & I’m clutching at straws with a problematic cooker! I got called to a Customers house as their previous engineer has now washed his hands of the job … the fault is the cooker side will go through it’s prevent sequence, the burner will fire up but as soon as the...
Replies
Views
S
Worcester Danesmoor 20/25, about 18 years old. B11 burner. We came home a few days ago to find our boiler in lockout, and not wanting to restart, instead simply doing a pitiful whine. We called an engineer out yesterday who, after a quick diagnosis, worked out that the capacitor had gone. We...
Replies
Views
Hello, Can anybody please advise. For months now our old Ideal Mini HE C24 (combi boiler) has had pressure problems. It won't stay above 1 bar. Occasionally I top it up, to above one bar, twice in a day, other times if I am happy to leave it about a 1/3 of a bar it won't complain for a week...
Replies
Views
Grundfos advertises their Alpha 1 & 2 pumps (I'm not sure if they just call both versions Alpha now); that it will replace 30 other pump models. I've been using a UP15-29SU for many years. I'm using it to circulate water for our domestic hot water that uses a 3/4" copper pipe which goes down...
Replies
Views
Grundfos advertises their Alpha 1 & 2 pumps (I'm not sure if they just call both versions Alpha now); that it will replace 30 other pump models. I've been using a UP15-29SU for many years. I'm using it to circulate water for our domestic hot water that uses a 3/4" copper pipe which goes down...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock