Search the forum,

Discuss Hello from near Oxford in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Just popped in to say "Hi". Found this forum when looking for a solution to our stiff shower bar tap. Have got some ideas which I'll try. Had a new cartridge a few months back but it's a stupid design of tap with very little to grip, and when wet it's almost impossible to move. Well done Bristan! Temporary fix is a shower head with a "stop" button. Anyway, very helpful to have landed here. Angie

Hi welcome to the forum! I am glad you managed to sort out your problem - any photos to share?

Cartridge sounds like it’s on its way out

Any pictures of said shower ?

Here's hoping i upload these ok.
20230117_184515.jpg

Is the bottom to control the flow ?

And let me guess the other side of the shower wall you can’t get at ?

If you know someone with a 3d printer they could design and print you a handle / lever

Reply to Hello from near Oxford in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock