Search the forum,

Discuss Hello from an amateur (keen to learn). in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zippy4X4

Just a note of introduction.
I am currently renovating the bathroom / toilet of a Victorian house. Bathroom and toilet were both added to the house around 1938 (found old newspapers dated 1938 stuffed in the windows to keep out the draughts). I am converting the two small adjoining rooms into one, hopefully more useful, combined bathroom / toilet.
I currently have everything back to the bare stone walls and am fitting new joists for the floor support. Wiring for new lighting has been put in place and the next job is to run the waste pipes and WC to the external drains. Original waste water went through the wall via a cast outlet to a ground level hopper that it shared with the rainwater downpipe. I now plan to put both below ground to join a replacement ground level hopper (the original was cast iron and largely broken).
Next challenge is to core drill the walls for the waste water, WC outlets, and fan. The walls are about 350mm thick sandstone and I am not looking forward to that too much. Also breaking in to the existing clay drains should be interesting.
I stumbled upon the forum by searching for the answers to some questions and though I have just joined, I did get answers by scanning the forum. Thanks for that and I am sure more to come.
Jim

:welcome2: Jim ... I stumbled across it and don't know how to get out!! lol

Steve,
Thanks. I suspect I will have a similar fate; but look forward to it.
Jim

Thanks. I'll probably need more than my share of luck but now that construction is starting it feels more positive.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hello from an amateur (keen to learn). in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all! I'm a first time DIY-er and I am taking out a new build crappy vanity unit to replace with a wooden vanity with countertop basin. I'm at the demolition stage! I've managed to remove the old vanity and I've got a waste pipe in front of me going straight into the ground. I always...
Replies
Views
A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
I have a first floor flat that I am doing a refit in . The current wc is plumbed using 10mm jg. The bath is being replaced with an electric shower . There were originally 2 drain offs on vertical’s for the bath and one drain off on the 10mm vertical for the wc. All other pipe work is 15mm...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock