Search the forum,

Discuss Hello Everyone - New Guy Here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello to everyone that reads this

Little bit about myself, I am a mature student who's currently enrolled on a level 3 foundation Diploma in Plumbing and Heating course.

I have joined up here seeking knowledge and information, along with guidance on getting in to the industry. I wish to speak to those who have walked the path before me.

Due to difficulties in finding someone who will let me work with them, even for free, I have come here to seek guidance on private training courses and other options to get in to the industry other than an apprenticeship. I have tried asking tutors and other people at the college that I am attending, however their student support is pretty much non existant.

I am mainly interested in the Plumbing courses section of the forum and am seeking access to the Trainee area. If anyone could help me with this it would be very much appreciated.

I look forward to getting to know everyone around here.

Wish you all the best.

Welcome to the forum :) Are you enjoying your courses?

Hello to everyone that reads this

Little bit about myself, I am a mature student who's currently enrolled on a level 3 foundation Diploma in Plumbing and Heating course.

I have joined up here seeking knowledge and information, along with guidance on getting in to the industry. I wish to speak to those who have walked the path before me.

Due to difficulties in finding someone who will let me work with them, even for free, I have come here to seek guidance on private training courses and other options to get in to the industry other than an apprenticeship. I have tried asking tutors and other people at the college that I am attending, however their student support is pretty much non existant.

I am mainly interested in the Plumbing courses section of the forum and am seeking access to the Trainee area. If anyone could help me with this it would be very much appreciated.

I look forward to getting to know everyone around here.

Wish you all the best.
Hiya and welcome, there are all sorts of experienced engineers on here, coincidentally there is a wealth of knowledge about qualifying..stigster is I think a lecturer in a college
in plumbing ...see if he picks you up or repost with a specific title. happy days centralheatking

.... Hello and welcome ....

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Welcome to the forum :) Are you enjoying your courses?

Hello Lou, Yes I am really enjoying my course. The only downside, especially last year was the size of my class / group, especially when learning as I tend to have quite a few questions and quite often some of them were not getting addressed, or the tutor simply wouldn't be able to provide me an answer. Same goes for the practical side in the workshop, more often the tutors too busy stopping the younger lads messing about and therefore is unable to lend a hand, offer advice or show how to do thing correctly. Also we had a total of 5 different tutors last year, with no communication or organisation between the lot of them.

This year im on the level 3, the groups alot smaller and its a bang on 50/50 split between mature students and the younger ones. The tutors new to the college although has been teaching for quite a while at other colleges, he seems like a good guy so far.

The biggest let down though is the lack of after support for moving on from the course and getting in to the industry, the only advice they can offer is hassle everyone in your local area. The college gets apprenticeships through, but before they are listed on the .gov website the lady running it emails them out to other candidates who were previously unsuccessful, which is completely unfair as there arent than many opportunities out there, especially where I live, and more time the vacancies don't even go live as she puts too many people from her private pool through, so its hardly gives everyone out there an equal opportunity. Then in top of that I am dealing with age discrimination from most of these guys out there as the big companies aint interested as the government only gives money / grants to them if they take on people aged 16-19 or 16-21, i cant remember which.

Other than that though, yeah i am enjoying it.
[automerge]1572111816[/automerge]
Hiya and welcome, there are all sorts of experienced engineers on here, coincidentally there is a wealth of knowledge about qualifying..stigster is I think a lecturer in a college
in plumbing ...see if he picks you up or repost with a specific title. happy days centralheatking

Hello Centralheatking

Thanks for the welcome.

The first thing I did when I signed up was post a thread in the 'Apply to gain access to the Trainee area' , so hopefully it gets picked up.

Thanks for the message, wish you all the best.
[automerge]1572111878[/automerge]
.. Hello and welcome ..

Hello Shaun, thanks for the welcome :)

Last edited:

Reply to Hello Everyone - New Guy Here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock