Search the forum,

Discuss hello all not a plumber but hoping for a bit of advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard40

Ok here I go ,I need a new combi and was going to get a bosch fitted 6 rad s in two bed terrace,any how plumber I have gone back two as he did some work before has said the ideal mini l 30 is a good boiler and he fits these and bosch ,we have an ideal is at which we inherited it ,it now gives us warm rad s when switched off so I thought I'd go bosch but I trust this bloke but I'm a bit wary of ideal ,any advice appreciated !

Hi Richard and welcome to the forum,
Each engineer on this forum will give you a different opinion as each have there own experiences good and bad with brands, if you are keen on Bosch then the cdi Classic (5) is good, don't go for the I range or the junior (2), ideals are good either logic plus (7year) or the vogue,(10).
the numbers I've put in are the warranties issued with the product,
also vaillant , Baxi ,

I'm not a fan of Ideals; they've cocked up too much in the past.

Vaillant or Worcester CDi Classic (NOT compact) would be my recommendation.

I find it odd that you have set aside a budget for a worcester ( they are not cheap) and your installer recommends ideal mini which mostly get fitted on tight budgets or landlord properties.

I would question his / hers thinking their

Hi I could of got mixed up as I looked on plumb centre he could have ment the indecent as he said it was the same as a logic in side ,any how I've measured the boiler cupboard and it looks like it down to the logic logic +is there much difference?,or Worcester cdi 30 compact but some one said stay away from ,not checked back but if there ok I'm not against ,only had bosch in mind because a few people have had them and said they were pleased with them.I'm getting my price off mr central heating had a price off a thousand in mind for the boiler but a bit more or less

Richard, you could try uk-plumbing.com for a price comparison, I buy my spares there and always good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hello all not a plumber but hoping for a bit of advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
Hi, We have a new Ideal Logic Combi 30. A radiator today came off the wall and developed a leak. Plumber came and fixed (but didn't). At that time the boiler was fine. Today the boiler has lost pressure. I have followed the videos on yt and nothing works. Just stays telling me F1. I have...
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello guys! I had an Ideal Combi Logic+ C24 fitted in August 2021 in my mid terraced house and I started noticing that it was losing pressure during winter 2021. I had the first engineer sent by Ideal in March 2022 when the pressure was going down very fast, I could see the gauge going down...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all, I've got a bit of a strange issue relating to my Ideal Logic Combi 35 which has recently started displaying a F2 error when trying to use the central heating system. The boiler works fine when using hot water, however when I try to turn on the central heating system the boiler works...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock