Search the forum,

Discuss Hello all - eyes firmly set on the future in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Long-time lurker, keen to learn about all the clever new stuff, even if only for small domestic - OpenTherm, better solutions than Sundial plans &c &c

Are you competent at wiring heating systems etc?

There's a lot that you can do with all the control systems these days đź‘Ť

Competent? blimey. Not for me to say. I managed to hold in my head how the diode inside a mid-position valve worked at stalling the motor against a fatigued spring for about a day and then went back to treating it as a black box.

Do you think that includes OpenTherm? Seems like a bunch of black boxes that only talk to the same brand of black box to me - I can't see where the Open part comes in. But I'm here to learn !

Reply to Hello all - eyes firmly set on the future in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As recommended by the welcome email, hello all, my name is James Pirie and I am not a plumber but a keen DIY enthusiast mostly due to the severe lack of plumbers available in our area of the North West of Sutherland in Scotland. I have done some pipework, tap replacements and fixed some leaking...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
I am looking into a new Main eco compact / Baxi 618 system boiler set up for PDHW (if its possible) I was hoping to use the EPH controls priority hot water pack I currently have a 15year old HWC around 900mm tall by 450mm dia would I benefit from a new fast recovery HWC for the system (I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock