Search the forum,

Discuss Hello again all, one more question regarding a flexible pipe, Thanks in Advance (pictures attached) in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Good Morning again,

I appreciate the advice some of you gave yesterday regarding a soil pipe fitting.

I do however have one more question and it relates to the size of compression fittings. I have been given this flexible hose that came as part of a new toilet, there was a customer like isolation valve which then attached to a 15mm pipe. Unfortunately, the original part has been lost and I need to find a new one.

It seems as though the internal thread of this unit sits at approximately 15mm or almost at 5/8ths, the external diameter is 20mm and just over 3/4inch.

I need to replace the fitting that connected the end of this flexi hose to an isolator that will go to a 15mm pipe, It would be great if anyone could recommend something.

I have attached pictures for clarity.

Thanks in advance.

Rhys

Attachments

• toilet plumbing flexi pipe 2.jpg
    toilet plumbing flexi pipe 2.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 18
  • Toilet plumbing flexi pipe.jpg
    Toilet plumbing flexi pipe.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 17
I’m not entirely sure I follow what you want. Are you wanting something to connect onto this flexi, are you wanting an isolation valve or both?

I’m not entirely sure I follow what you want. Are you wanting something to connect onto this flexi, are you wanting an isolation valve or both?
I basically need an isolation valve that will be the union between the Flexi pipe and a 15mm mains pipe. The other end of the Flexi pipe will be connected to the toilet.

Sorry for the confusion
Thanks

I’d go for this:

The nuts should be 1/2”, there’s a risk it’s 3/8, but try by screwing onto the toilet inlet trying both ends.

That looks like a supply pipe that you would get in the likes of a concealed cistern. To connect the isolator to the inlet valve. I had a grohe one to fit like that before chrustmas.

One end will go into the fill valve

the other end looks like a filling loop valve

eg

Use the long valve as that has a double check valve in

I’m not 100% on this but should that be able to connect directly to a 15mm lever valve? Pretty sure it’d fit.

Reply to Hello again all, one more question regarding a flexible pipe, Thanks in Advance (pictures attached) in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock