Search the forum,

Discuss Heatslave 25/32 No HW in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys just installed an oil 25/32 external Worcester Bosch Heatslave External boiler.

I can't get hot water. Central heating is fine. Comfort rf fitted and seems to be working fine. Link wire has not been removed.

The sensor is not registering the dhw lts per minute display.

Any help right now would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ryan

Are you bringing on the boiler to heat store when you open a tap? Have you got your multimetre out to see what voltage is where on PCB?

If its brand new then it's a warranty call to worcester.

Had a firebird two weeks ago I installed, goosed PCB.

Yes Simon it's most likely a warranty job, although we need to be sure hes wired it correctly first.

Assuming its wired correctly then it is a warranty job and he need not worry but has to be sure it is before calling them.

Hi thanks for your advice. I think it's the flow turbine. Looks like a warranty job for WB.

You sure it's a turbine and not a flow switch? Either way call WB in the morning. Just to inform you some of the new Firebird combi's use a thermistor on cold inlet to PHX instead, less problems to occur than a flow switch

When blowing the turbine the boiler fires on HW. I'll call them tomorrow.

boiler cold water iso is open ? / you have water at the flow switch ?

Shaun I'd really like to think this was confirmed before asking us to be honest

So would I but sometimes it’s the simple things that trip me up

but as the flow switch is working it might not be a boiler fault

As I said before is the flow switch the right way up. Those brass ones have to be oriented correctly to work. If it's working when you blow through it it's not at fault. But positioning could be.

I'd like to think that the position of flow switch is installed correctly at the factory and not an adjustment needed to be carried out by the installer, although it is a possibility I suppose. If him blowing on it connects the switch I'd say its probably ok and more like a flow problem. Are you sure you have flowing water, also what is incoming flow and pressure?

I never assume the manufacturers get it right straight out the factory. Leaking joints, circuit boards, thermistors, missing bits, dented panels etc etc.

I'd like to think that the position of flow switch is installed correctly at the factory and not an adjustment needed to be carried out by the installer, although it is a possibility I suppose. If him blowing on it connects the switch I'd say its probably ok and more like a flow problem. Are you sure you have flowing water, also what is incoming flow and pressure?

Ive seen / had them been put backwards before now so not registering flow etc

Hi guys, I spoke to WB this morning. He seems to think there is a crossover. He advised the customer to isolate the cws to the boiler and crack the nut after the valve. If there is pressure there then that's the problem. Customer done this and has confirmed this.

Some additional information, the job is 4 1/2 hours away from me, WB engineer is based in Inverness 2 1/2hrs away and says its very unlikely to be boiler fault and more likely a Plumbing issue.

So know I'm thinking where it could be crossed. The shower is an old shower valve. It was previously a conventional system and it would have been cold water storage feeding prior to me changing it over to mains. Could it be passing at the valve?

What other checks could it be? Luckily it's my mate and he can isolate the shower to check this later.

So WB believes it's back feeding and preventing boiler from going through sequence when a hot tap is opened? Has the customer actually confirmed this? Did he isolate supply to boiler, drop the dead leg of water out and then crack valve open a little while later to prove it's back feeding?
If that is the problem then yes anywhere where the hor and cold mix could be the problem ie the shower, especially if it's an old gravity shower. Install NRV's on hot and cold to shower will prevent this and further problems, although its probably best replace the shower now that its mains fed.
What's the incoming pressure to the property? I would consider a PRV on cold main where it enters the dwelling .
Also, you say you're experiencing back feeding (or at least boiler not igniting when a tap opens) but tell me the boiler is coming on to heat the store?

Reply to Heatslave 25/32 No HW in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock