Search the forum,

Discuss Heatslave 20/25 lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

markadams

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,

My oil boiler has just locked out, pressed the reset button on the burner and it doesn't light and just locks out again after a minute.

It has plenty of oil and has never run out.

Tried calling an oftec engineer and no one can come for a week, I repair lots of gas boilers but not experienced with oil.

Could be capacitor, seized pump or bearings seized. Check capacitance on capacitor, any less than 70% original value I was told to change. Isolate fuel, take pump off and see if shaft spins freely, could be seized or have tight spot. While pump is off check electric motor shaft is free spinning.

Before you start taking off oil pumps and the like, lift the air cover on the end of the motor and see if you can move the fan, if not something is seized and needs further investigation, if the fan moves then its probably the motor capacitor gone west.

If the motor is spinning freely and no tight spots and had feed to motor and the cap is replaced like for like ie. right uF value then like best says it’s probably the motor, windings burnt out? If you replace motor check data plate on it to get right model and wattage

Reply to Heatslave 20/25 lockout in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock