Search the forum,

Discuss heatslave 12/14 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

hi i have a heatslave 12/14 boiler which the other day produced a small amount of black smoke on start up but worked fine today the boiler is running all of the time i have noticed that if i put my hand in front of the flue its as good as cold, luke warm and if i turn the water right down on the heat control the boiler stops as it should for that heat. i can also disconnect the solenoid on the oil pump and remove the photo cell which make no difference the boiler and oil pump keeps running as if ever thing was o.k. it does not lock out it was fitted with a new oil pump and motor bearings about 8 months ago, any help appreciated

Are you a homeowner? Are you saying if you disconnect the coil and cell the motor continues to run without lockout when when power is sent to the burner?

Are you a homeowner? Are you saying if you disconnect the coil and cell the motor continues to run without lockout when when power is sent to the burner?
yes motor continue to run i have also checked pressure at pump and i have pressure at the bleed screw but not at the pressure gauge port/screw and no pressure at the little pipe that connects pump to the nozzle .

To be honest it's hard to advise. Based on what you've said above my first check would be control box, although there could be more going on. You won't get oil flow to the nozzle if the coil is removed. This needs someone with the right tools to approach mythodically, I appreciate you want to fix this yourself, or are struggling to find an engineer but you're going to cause more problems than answers fiddling with it yourself. The very fact you've said you've played with the pressure adjusting screw means a pressure gauge and flue gas analyser are now needed to re-setup the burner for safe and reliable combustion even when the problem is found.

Reply to heatslave 12/14 in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi all. I have a 20 year old Worcester Bosch Heatslave 12/14 Oil-fired I'm getting about 20 seconds of hot water, then the boiler won't fire. I can crank the HW dial right up and it'll fire and give me another 20 secs of hot water. It won't fire again with demand from the tap. It was losing...
Replies
Views
D
Worcester Heatslave 12/14 Had a plumber out for a suspected diverter valve problem. He changed the top part and left. Next day he said the brass part might me a bit sticky, so he changed that. Now I have heating and hot water. Unfortunately the hot water comes out scalding for a short while...
Replies
Views
Desperate from Wales
D
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
T
Hi all , retired plumber here needing advice Just moved in to a house where a 1 year old green star heatslave 2 12/18 Geordie oil boiler is installed House has been empty for 5 months so technically the boilers hardly used Switched on pressure is fine , hot water fine but the heating is not...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
C
Worcestershire heatslave 15/19 oil boiler, Diverter valve body and motor replaced, now having issues with water pressure I'm suspicious the brass body with A And B ports have been installed backwards. Can anyone tell me which way it’s supposed to be?? Ie A to hot water and B to Central heating...
Replies
Views
Clivev73
C
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock