Search the forum,

Discuss Heatslave 12/14 No Hot Water (for a week now). :-( in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

M

Mark from Wales

Hi all.

I have a 20 year old Worcester Bosch Heatslave 12/14 Oil-fired
I'm getting about 20 seconds of hot water, then the boiler won't fire.
I can crank the HW dial right up and it'll fire and give me another 20 secs of hot water.
It won't fire again with demand from the tap.

It was losing pressure last week, plumber has changed the braided hose to the expansion vessel and the pressure relief valve. Made no difference to the hot water supply.

So, it can fire, but it seems it doesn't know when the tap is running to keep the burner going?

Could be something simple as the pump or valve

Reply to Heatslave 12/14 No Hot Water (for a week now). :-( in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys thankfully not been needing to com on for a while but could do with a pointer. 2 weeks ago I noticed boiler didn’t fire for hot water in kitchen which is next to boiler and cold main in, it came on after a few seconds longer than norm I thought just a blip, but this weekend and since...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock