Search the forum,

Discuss HeatraeSadia Electromax vibrations after service: Is this an EV pressure issue? in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Our HeatraeSadia Electromax boiler has just been serviced. Since the service we get a lot of vibration from the system each time the hot water is run after the system has been heated up. After some investigation and correspondence with the service engineer we concluded that it was probably
because the charge pressure in the expansion vessel was higher than the dynamic pressure of the cold water supply, which can lead to a short period of vibration as system pressures equalise when hot water is drawn off. He came back to lower the pressure in the EV ( taking 0.5 bar of it ) and he measured the supply pressure ( which he said was reasonable, but I don't have the actually measurement ). Since then the vibration has been better but it is still there. Do you think we are on the correct path to fix the issue, or is there something else that could be causing this problem. The service engineer tried to convince me that by bringing the EV pressure back to the correct level in the service it might have uncovered another issue ( which would need further investigation and by implication more cost ). Any advice gratefully received.

Possibly could be non return valve chattering in combination valve. Without hearing it hard to say, you need to get your G3 engineer back to investigate further.
Thanks for your reply. The problem with bringing the same G3 engineer back is that they will only re-visit on a new call out charge (even though the issue appeared after the service) and realistically they would need to hear the noise, which only happens when the water system has been heating up over-night. So I could end up paying again, and the engineer might still not be able to pin-point the issue. We have only been in this house a couple of years and on each time the system has been serviced ( only twice ) the EV has been liquid full. I'm wondering if there is any connection here. Is it normal for the EV to need emptying and re-pressuring each year?

Reply to HeatraeSadia Electromax vibrations after service: Is this an EV pressure issue? in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for your advice... As the title mentions, my issue is with the water pipes of the house causing the floor to vibrate. I have singled out the issue to the joists that the floorboards sit on carrying the vibrations throughout the house. We do not have hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler was flashing SE even before I arrived, which I assumed the service reminder needed resetting. After completing the service I contact Glow Worm to...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked the system pressure at 1.5bar and the relief valve but the noise persists unless a hot water tap in the house is opened then it stops for a period of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock