Search the forum,

Discuss HEATRAE SADIA MEGAFLO white lumps in pipework??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi..changed a faulty mixer valve (TMV) under a bath and i was called back a 2 weeks later as homeowner complaining of low pressure at bath tap...so i stripped TMV down noticed hot strainer/filter choked solid with white soft residue( not a hard water area so not limescale)..just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Its a 10 year megaflo cylinder?? I read it maybe plastic pipe on cold feed inside cylinder ( and yes i do have an unvented qualified)any help would be appreciated
Cheers

If it is an HE the cylinder carries a 25 year warranty, time for the customer to call Heatrae Sadia they will have to pay first for a visit but if it is proven then they should be supplied with a new one. If they want to check it first you will need to drain it down a pull the lower immersion to inspect the inside.

Word of warning if it has not been installed correctly & signed off, they may not honer the warranty.

Hi..changed a faulty mixer valve (TMV) under a bath and i was called back a 2 weeks later as homeowner complaining of low pressure at bath tap...so i stripped TMV down noticed hot strainer/filter choked solid with white soft residue( not a hard water area so not limescale)..just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Its a 10 year megaflo cylinder?? I read it maybe plastic pipe on cold feed inside cylinder ( and yes i do have an unvented qualified)any help would be appreciated
Cheers

Reply to HEATRAE SADIA MEGAFLO white lumps in pipework??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock