Search the forum,

Discuss Heatmiser UH4 and LLH in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

SJB060685

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
@Brambles

Hi mate. I'd like some advice from you please.
Have a fellow engineer who is thinking of putting a LLH on a system due to primary boiler pump not man enough for CH index circuit.
I dont know which boiler (he hasn't got back to me) but its a 30KW combi.
Currently there is an UFH circuit and 11 radiators.
He would like to know how would he go about wiring up this new layout so the CH circuit pump only energises when the stat is calling for it and no back feed from system at other demands.
I've had a look at the wiring and have an idea but not sure if its correct. My idea was to take out radiator 2 port altogether and call from stat supplies a feed to new pump along with neutral and earth and also supply feed to a relay. The grey wire would be the common to relay output and orange the switch live, that way the pump only runs when being called for.
Please can you confirm mu idea or correct me if I'm wrong so I can get back to him.

Thanks

If it’s only the ch circuit that isn’t man enough I would cct the heating circuit and then you can install your bigger pump after and either wire it direct to the heating controls or use a port valve depending on pump you might need to use a relay depending on amp draw

and then leave the existing circuits on the standard pump

If it’s only the ch circuit that isn’t man enough I would cct the heating circuit and then you can install your bigger pump after and either wire it direct to the heating controls or use a port valve depending on pump you might need to use a relay depending on amp draw

and then leave the existing circuits on the standard pump

Hi Shaun. Yes CCT's is an option but its the wiring I'm trying to get my head around. Whether its CCT's or LLH a backfeed needs to be prevented, hence the need for a relay.

Hi Shaun. Yes CCT's is an option but its the wiring I'm trying to get my head around. Whether its CCT's or LLH a backfeed needs to be prevented, hence the need for a relay.

2 pole relay

heating switch eg prog or room stat to a1
Neutral to a2

Perm live and switch to Load side of relay
Pump feed to outlet and switch

if your using a port valve tie the pump into the brown and orange to boiler

this will isolate the boiler switch from the pump

The problem I see with the pump feed tied into brown of zone valve is the pump will energise even if the motor has seized or failed, meaning pump could be dead heading if it were.
My idea of the relay coil live was feed from programmer/stat with neutral and the switched output was grey common and orange boiler live

Yep that will work or install a bypass / trickle valve

Reply to Heatmiser UH4 and LLH in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to read this. I've been trying to diagnose why my gas consumption is so high and been doing various measurements and tests. With the UFH, my setup is about 10 room zones connected on two separate UF manifolds linked to one UF pump with a return blending...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking at having controls replaced / upgraded for a Vaillant Ecotect plus combi boiler. Currently have x2 zone valves on the heating (x1 for rads via a Honeywell wireless stat, and x1 for UFH circuits via Heatmiser stats - both wired to a Heatmiser wiring centre) I'm interested in...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even though the thermostat was showing the flame symbol. They were working fine last winter. I knew from when I looked at the installation in the past that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock